Poppy lately is a fiery two and a half year old, bursting with opinions, personality, cuteness, and testing all the boundaries - learning what exactly she can get away with (not very much). I have really embraced and enjoyed this past year with my oldest babe. A year I didn't know we would have as just us but I very intentionally took advantage of this time with my little buddy. You know in The Holiday when Cameron Diaz talks about her childhood and how and her parents called themselves The Three Amigos? That's kind of what it felt like. It felt like we went through something all together. She left the baby stage and became more of a "kid" which has been fun. We all go for happy hour together on the regular, we sit and chat with her while she shovels in handfuls of ketchup. It's the best. Of course we have a lot of very challenging days, she's 2. But we have fun.
1. She asks everyday to watch "Blue Show" (Inside out), "Yellow Show" (Despicable Me 2) or "Basket Show" (Home). And completely melts down every time I say no.
2. She get's a mini marshmallow every time she goes on the Potty, which is all the time now that she's not wearing diapers. When will she stop asking for them? haha. And when we are out she is completely comfortable dropping her undies where ever we are and squatting.
3. She is really shy. It drives me crazy, but I was too.
4. She wears a backpack allll the time. Sleeps with it on. It's already like having a 16 year old having to do backpack checks before bed every night, it's surprising the things she's stashing in there.
5. Regularly opens the back door just to yell to Sid "Go Away!", She's a real jerk.
6. She's still under 25 lbs. Been wearing the same denim jacket since 4 months old.
7. Obsessed with "Girl Singing". Always grabbing her guitar strumming and singing "I don't know my nammmme".
8. Only goes to Sunday School for the fishy crackers. And always saves a real stinker of a poop for story time, that's when my number gets displayed on the screen to come get her...
10. Still thinks Candy is spicy. Maybe because the only thing I let her try was a Hot Tamale. Muahah. I just want to eat my 5 cent candies in peace okay.
Thank you so much to my lovely photographer friend Elissa Crowe for these photos. She is so great at capturing candid natural moments, I don't even remember her taking these photos while we were in the backyard with friends.